Friday, October 21, 2016

The Non-Lamppost Narnian Light

Kia ora koutou,

If you know me long you'll soon know how much I love books, especially children's books and I have an extra special place in my heart for the Narnia series by C.S Lewis. Bounce and I are currently reading The Horse and His Boy together.



Because I love these books so much I often grab them when I see them at an op-shop so we can lend them without worrying about losing them, or we have also given them to little friends from time to time as well. All this to say, when I needed to replace a lamp shade I decided to cut up a version of The Voyage of the Dawn Treader, but I hold strongly to the 'books are friends, treat them with care' philosophy of life. (My bank account supports this statement).



We found this red lamp cover in an op-shop recently which was great because I was struggling to find them in a shop.



I used a kitchen glass to draw circles on the pages and cut them out while visiting friends (we haven't been invited back since... I'm pretty sure I'm not to blame...).



Hot glue gun, plus circles, plus my usual make-it-up-as-you-go approach. Et voila! Narnian lamp which makes the whole room glow red when it's on.



Ahhhh... literary lighting for less than $5? Yes please.

love you more than handmade lighting xxx