Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Wardrobe Wednesday - Auditioning

I bought these socks ages ago with visions of long, lean legs with mini shorts and cute glasses - then I tried them on (and they only came up to my mid-knee) and realised - mmmm not so much for me!

But I do love the socks and heels look so this is what I wore - absolutely nowhere at home packing for our holiday and to the supermarket. (Obviously the heels didn't stay on that whole time!) Always good to audition outfits don't you think?
I like my legs they are strong and muscly and they get me all sorts of places but I'm not sure that the long socks and micro lengths are right for such 'shaply' legs. At knee high they are okay but the problem with the other look is your mid thighs really need to be at least as good as the rest of your legs.... these people do exist but they aren't me!

What look do you adore but doesn't work on your body?

Outfit:
Denim skirt- made by me
Socks - Farmers
Shoes - Moda Bella on sale about 5 years ago
Top - Merino hand-me down you can see one bit poking out of one sleeve
Jacket - bought at a Dress for Success sale for $15 label Sportsgirl. Never sure how to wear this or even if it suits me - so I am auditioning it - verdict?

Check out the rest of my Wardrobe Wednesday's here
Or what I am wearing on Pinterest
Clothes I have made

Other lovelies:
Wardrobe Wednesday at SailorSpy.co.nz

4 comments:

Notchka said...

I love knee highs or over the knee socks with heels - particularly heeled sandles. I probably shouldn't wear them (because of body shape), but I do anyway. I think its important to please yourself as much as fit in and follow the rules sometimes :)(

Jess B said...

Those shoes have got to be one of my favourites of yours. I really like that jacket, quite a lot actually!

Kelly @kiwiwomensstyle said...

I love that jacket. The shape is very flattering! The textured panels make it interesting too. I think it deserves the part :)

Naomi said...

Verdict: LOVE IT! All of it. Very Japanese schoolgirl - can't remember the exact name of that style... Ballerina skirts for me, you need a waist which I sadly don't have.