Tuesday, May 29, 2012

B.M.W.B - In Reality

Blogging is really good for me because it makes me accountable - if I had said to myself this year 'I want to make my boys my biggest project this year, I'll make time to do one really intentional focussed thing with them at least once a week' and not told you - it would have fallen by the wayside.

I am what you'd call an enthusiastic starter, full of ideas, a person with really good intentions - notice there is no mention of follow through or finishing?? Yup - not so good at this.

So I want you to know that this week our special, fun, wonderful park-time - playing, swinging, chasing, chatting - came out of my need to have something for BMWB. Flip suggested it and I was going to say no because I had some bread half-risen, (that I would later ruin- see yesterdays post!!) but instead I got out with my boys in the warm wind and had a wonderful time at the local park - so I had something to blog about.... yes ,this week you were a reason for prioritizing my boys - not proud of that but I want to be honest and encouraging here - not perfect!

Truth is I adore spending time with my boys. I am ALWAYS glad when I do. They are my favourite people to hang with and BMWB has been the best thing I've decided to do this year.
When we got home I also arranged a 'mighty pillow war'... for fun and Ma'n'Pop turned up by surprise and joined in too - super fun. Mummy and Daddy lost!!

And Bounce and I had a great time earlier in the week playing with buttons and sorting them into colours.

So thanks for giving me the incentive and accountability I need to ENJOY and celebrate the awesome role of parenting the 2 cutest people I know.

This year I am making more of a conscious effort to have quality moments with my boys. B.M.W.B (becoming the mama I want to be)  is my way of recording and hopefully inspiring other mama’s too. Please inspire me with the little moments you are snatching with your little people OR with ideas I could do with mine. If you have blogged about it please leave a comment so we can all visit and encourage each other.

Simple. Achievable. Intentional: becoming the mama I want to be.

5 comments:

tartankiwi said...

Got to agree with this, my blog definitely keeps me accountable and at times when I lose enthusiasm it makes me do things (which I'm always grateful to have done).
Glad that you got out there with your boys and had fun!

Max said...

that slide photo is ace and the pillow fight sounds awesome!

Naomi said...

That photo on the slides is adorable!

Gail said...

The button tray/ muffin tray is a great activity!

Leonie said...

Go you - whatever works and whatever helps you do the things you want/need to do. We all need motivation and it often doesn't matter how it comes about. Lovely post, full of fun :)