Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Make My Week #17 - map bunting

A very quick and easy project this week.

I actually have a set of this planned with letters stenciled onto it for the boys' room but I can't find my letter stencil so you'll have to enjoy the second set.

At the moment I have just pinned it above our bed, temporarily.

The maps are from the 1950s and 1960s and I could only bring myself to cut them up because they were deteriorating.

I have got a gorgeous pile of ones in pristine condition dating to the 1930s - mainly from national geographic magazines that I picked up for about $1. The Atlas and I will have to decide what to do with these ones.

More creative people here.


10 comments:

Jen said...

good work they look good :)

Seaweed and Raine said...

Brilliant idea! They look amazing. (And I think I might just have just come up with another idea that is map related...)
Happy creating! :)

Notchka said...

I love old maps - this is such a good use for them and so 'you' :)

::The Beetle Shack:: said...

That looks fabulous! I can see how you would be anxious about chopping up something so old- but whats the use of having them sitting in a draw right?

xo em

Miriam said...

oh exciting - I'd like to hear about it!

Miriam said...

I know I'm turning into a geography geek by association - I blame The Atlas!

Miriam said...

thanks

Miriam said...

oh so true!

Maxabella said...

This looks terrific, Miriam. x

Miriam said...

Thanks! I feel very special that you've come to visit!