Thursday, April 13, 2017

Cupcake Bouquets

Hi, hi,

So I love doing courses, especially short ones that have tangible outcomes! So I decided to sign up for the Make Company's cupcake class. In it we were to learn how to make a bouquet of cupcakes using buttercream icing. (I paid to do the class just sharing in case anyone wants more details)

this was the efforts from the whole class

It was a really fun night we learnt how to make the cupcake stand/ presentation part too so we could replicate it at home.

It must be said that of everyone in the class I struggled most with executing the rose. It wasn't much of a surprise to me, I have zero expertise with icing and piping bags and I are not what you'd call 'good friends'!



Still I am super impressed with my efforts and my boys and hubby made all the right noises too. The following afternoon we had little friends over for fluffies and cupcakes and I felt suitably professional! (The friends were 6, 4 and 2!)


What have you made lately that was trickier and more happy making than you expected?

love you more than a patient tutor xxx