Thursday, February 2, 2017

McCalls 7120 tweaking still required

Heya - so pleased you're here.

I do hope you read tweaking not twerking in that title.... if not this post isn't what you were hoping for!


This is the second instalment on the t-shirt dress making front. This time I'm working with a woven (not stretchy) fabric. 

The pattern is a McCall’s pattern 7120 and I’m pretty happy with it. The dress pulls on and has pockets - although one does sit a little wonky.

I love the main fabric which I picked up at a junk shop. It’s a $5 fill a bag type of shop for members and they always have lots of little fabric scraps but one day when I went in someone had obviously dropped off someone’s entire fabric stash – SUCH a good day. I got 2 massive bags of fabric which I generously shared with my sister (I know right, she is lucky to have me!?!).
I’m happy with this pattern and will make more but I’m going to increase the armhole size. I hate tight fitting sleeves and I have ‘generous’ arms and shoulders so it’s a problem I face from time to time. Also the super synthetic fabric of the sleeves is not good for sweaty feeling factor, and I’m one of those people who feel permanently hot.

I may still remove the sleeves and re-cut the armhole because if that is right this dress will get lots of wear. I love the colours on me and the shape is SO easy to wear. 

Also please note our recently painted bright green front door. We're painting the house next...

What's on your current wish to have list?

love you more than a loose armhole xxx