Thursday, April 24, 2014

Make My Week - Chevron Dress

I actually made this dress last year over the Christmas holidays when I was desperately trying to use up some of my stash when we were packing (and de-stashing for our move to Aus).

It's a repeat of McCalls 6379 here are 2 other versions I've made of it. The Ladybird and the Vintage Swiss

Rather than do my head in with trying to pattern match on a bais strip I cut the middle section in denim. Everything I used was in my stash and although it's not perfect it's comfortable and lined with something breathable I found in my stash. I realise the photos aren't the best but you get the general idea, right?



Because it's all cotton it got a lot of wear in the super hot weather but I think it will transition well to cooler weather too.


I am also getting ready for lovely Zoe's MMM (me made may) in which I shall endeavour to wear only handmade (not including hosiery, underwear and shoes, or warm things). I will also attempt to make at least 3 garments from fabric I have accumulated whilst living here. Why don't you join up this year? You set your own challenge so it could just be once a week, or handmade accessories or finishing that half-finished dress???

Joining in with lovely ladies at Leonie's terrific party.

 Show & Tell Thursday's

love you more than cooler weather xxx