Monday, September 23, 2013

B.M.W.B - when you are feeling lazy

We had a glorious weekend with no real agenda - just mucking about together.


By Sunday afternoon I was almost asleep so in order to spend some quality time I suggested we read some more of James and the Giant Peach - by Roald Dahl. This is our second reading, we probably read it the first time about a year ago, and both the boys are so engaged with it. The chapters are short and the adventure is well paced. The Atlas has been reading them a chapter every night. Instead of waiting for tonight we lay in a big mess on the couch together. Flip played with my hair and Bounce lounged on top of me and we read rather a lot of chapters.

The down side to reading lots together is that sometimes I almost drop off while I'm reading myself!


We also made some snowflakes out of muffin cases. I think these could make cute Christmas bunting - especially if you painted them first or used coloured cases.

I'm starting to think about Christmas crafting ideas - by the time school finishes it just feels like there is no time so something here and there could be a nice lead up I think.


Becoming the Mama I want to be is about taking time to enjoy the journey of parenting, to honour it's value and to hopefully inspire and encourage each other. 

Create Hope Inspire

Simple. Achievable. Intentional: becoming the mama I want to be

Button code on the right if you want it

Love you more than a lazy Sunday and a good book xxx