Thursday, April 25, 2013

Make My Week - A Colour Book

I've admired busy/quiet books for a long time and had the urge to make my own.

When I saw one similar to this idea I was inspired.

With 2 first birthdays coming up for some special little ones I thought it would be a great project. The point of this one is to take the coloured balloon off the cover page and match it with the correct colour page in the book, all the while learning colours (hopefully). I was really proud of myself for realising I needed to use the fluffy velcro on the colour pages and the hooks on the back of the balloons so the pages didn't hook onto each other when the book was closed and cause pilling.

They do take rather a lot of time.... all that hand stitching. Although, a good project for watching TV by.

I'm really pleased with the finished product and using the eyelet system means I can easily make supplementary pages and the book can be fully taken apart to play with as well.

Not at all tricky, just a bit time consuming!

Joining in at Leonie's for some creative show and tell.