Friday, March 1, 2013

Ease and Easy

Today I'm loving my little sewing space. (When I sew I sit on a Swiss ball. I do not exercise in here!)

When we moved in to this house we wanted for me to have a crafty space. Not because I make money from it or because I deserved it but just because The Atlas is very kind to me and sewing on a dining table that gets used 3 times a day, with small children is not really conducive to easy creative pursuit.

I see this space (a converted walk in wardrobe) as a total privilege. I know many other crafters and even those that use their craft for profit don't have a special space for them.

This week I was hemming a skirt, that was too long, 10 minutes before we left for school and I stopped to be thankful for my sewing machine and over locker set up and ready to go for a quick job.

Today I'm grateful for a space in my home to call my own and a family who sees my creative pursuits as valid.

Wishing you a weekend where you are delighted with a new perspective.

Joining in with Meghan

 

5 comments:

Leonie said...

Awesome to have such a space! I hear you on dining tables, kids and constant use! :)

Catching the Magic said...

That's a lovely space, but more importantly, it's great that your family understands the importance of you having somewhere to be creative. A happy Mama makes for a happy family - and your creative skills are amazing too!

Bron said...

Great space...I too am blessed to have my own space in a not very big house...yay for hubby's that see the value. xxx

Ange - Tall, Short and Tiny said...

Such a great space, you are so supported by your family which is just so lovely xx

Meghan Maloney Photography said...

Bit late visiting everyone's links this week but better late than never huh! Even if it's not 'exercise', it's still good to be getting your core muscles worked out at the same time don't ya think!! Great to have a dedicated space to pursue your passion xx