Tuesday, September 11, 2012

B.M.W.B #37 - Encouraging Words

This Sunday afternoon we spent a beautiful time with our friends cycling from Birdlings Flat through to Little River.

Wee Bounce had a very long way to bike given his size and the size of his little legs. Keeping in mind he's not even 4 yet.

A 7km bike along a gravel trail with some big winds and a few midge swarms.


He worked so hard, he came off a few times, he kept cycling - pump, pump, pump went his little legs. He arrived a while after everyone else on the first leg, even though he started with the leaders, and I stood up (we were having a break by the lake) and cheered him in - his wee face lit up and he zoomed in with a burst of renewed energy.

On the 2nd leg he and I rode together and we told jokes and chatted - side by side taking all the time in the world. No 'hurry ups' just side by side - together.



Later I heard The Atlas whispering his approval to Bounce as well and I watched as he glowed. Those words are fuel to his love tank and he grows inside every time he's given them.


I love that as a mama I have the privilege giving these life-giving words to my little men and I know those words mean the world to them.


Did you enter my delicious September giveaway yet?

This year I am making more of a conscious effort to have quality moments with my boys. B.M.W.B (becoming the mama I want to be)  is my way of recording and hopefully inspiring other mama’s too. Please inspire me with the little moments you are snatching with your little people OR with ideas I could do with mine. If you have blogged about it please leave a comment so we can all visit and encourage each other. 
Simple. Achievable. Intentional: becoming the mama I want to be.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

OMG - so precious! LOVe that you cycled with your little ones!

XOXO
-Daisy Nguyen from PS BANANAS fashion blog:
http://psbananas.com

Hootnz said...

That is really special, and you're so right, they just blossom with words of encouragement ")