Monday, May 7, 2012

Super Easy, Super Cute Marshmallow Pops

Okay so just in case you really wanted a DIY here it is:
Last week Flip and I made these gorgeous marshmallow pops

To start with I gave some wooden kebab skewers a quick spray with cooking oil to help the marshmallows not to stick too much
Thread on a marshmallow and very quickly dip in water
Shake off excess water
Dip in jelly crystals (hey I never said they were healthy!) and pop in a jar or similar to allow them to dry
** You do need to shake off the excess water or it makes the jelly crystals wet and lumpy**

We used lemon and raspberry and they had a slightly sherbert/sour taste on the outside which complimented the marshmallow beautifully.
OR - thread the marshmallows and dip in melted chocolate and then in sprinkles (or not) which is one of my all time favourite combos chocolate and marshmallow - oh.so.good

It seems to be a peculiarly kiwi thing - pineapple lumps, pinky bars, perky nanas, marshmallow Easter eggs, mallowpuffs..... I missed them all in the UK.

I love these for a party or just to make an exciting-looking and easy treat.

4 comments:

Jess B said...

Awesome! I'm going to make these for Elliot's birthday party next month!

Notchka said...

I love that last picture 'I got all the marshy-pops nah-nah-nah-naaah-nah'. Seriously they were delicious - I must have the only child in the universe who doesn't like marshmallow?!

Miriam said...

So easy and with all the colours of jelly you could really have some fun

Miriam said...

all the more for you then!!!