Thursday, May 10, 2012

Make My Week #19 - A New Jacket

I found this pattern at a junk shop a while ago and I liked the shape and the over puffy sleeves (do puffy sleeves remind anyone else of Anne of Green Gables??)

I changed it up a bit in by taking the lapel opening all the way to the bottom of the jacket and using a button and loop system.

The buttons are vintage ones I got off my step-mother and the fabric is some I bought last year or even the year before - it has a slightly pearlised surface and comes from somewhere in Africa from recollection.

I also made the sleeves a lot slimmer to try and reduce the amount of volume going on.

This is my second clothing make for May.

Check out all sorts of creative goings on here.

11 comments:

Jess B said...

Is there no end to your talent?! Gorgeous jacket. I also love the look underneath the jacket with that cute t-shirt and high-waisted skirt.

Sophie Slim said...

Looking fab Miriam! Jacket looks great unbuttoned too, perfecto!

I like how you changed the bottom of it, looks really nice the way you did it! :)

Those puffy sleeves have obviously done a full circle in fashion, because they are totally "in" again :)x

Miriam said...

I kind of dig the sexy secretary/librarian vibe of the high waisted skirt

Miriam said...

It's so funny how it all comes in and out- I definitely left behind the shoulder pads though - not needing any of that bulk on my frame!

Jen said...

I LOVE the material you used!! and the design of the jacket too WTG!!

Notchka said...

Beautiful as usualy - I like that you changed the break line (ooh err technical term) so that the overall design has more of a tux jacket feel with your usual quirky fabric. I love the sexy librarian look too :)

Miriam said...

you know how I love those technical terms!!!

Maxabella said...

Tailoring! Gee you are a clever clogs!! x

SJ Scott said...

Wow, so glad I found your blog! Gorgeous job on the jacket; the alterations you made to the design were a major improvement!

Miriam said...

Not too clever my finishing needs some work!

Miriam said...

Thanks it's always fun to play around and make something your own