Tuesday, May 8, 2012

B.M.W.B #19 - Low Brow Fun

This past week Bounce and I have had a lot of time together - owing to the fact he was too sick for kindy and I've been intentionally trying to cherish this time.

I've tried to say 'yes' more than 'no'.

Yes I will come and build trains with you, and play at whatever might be taking your imagination

On Sunday afternoon we had a wonderful time with paper planes and nerf shooters (like foam bullet thingys with a sucker on the end)

I made a whole in a large piece of newspaper and we blu-tacked it across a doorway and sat on the windowsill trying to get our planes/ shooters through

Flip got 4 and Bounce and I got none but we laughed so much and had such a great time together

It's the low-brow, cheap, funny things that really do bring opportunities for bonding more often than not.

This year I am making more of a conscious effort to have quality moments with my boys. B.M.W.B (becoming the mama I want to be)  is my way of recording and hopefully inspiring other mama’s too. Please inspire me with the little moments you are snatching with your little people OR with ideas I could do with mine. If you have blogged about it please leave a comment so we can all visit and encourage each other. 


What's your aim like? Mine's hopeless but thankfully the boys (and I) find that rather entertaining.

Simple. Achievable. Intentional: becoming the mama I want to be
and because this was so much fun I'm linking in with Simone so other people can try it too - except the lovely button isn't working for me!!


9 comments:

Hootnz said...

What a great idea... my boys love making paper aeroplanes... but this makes it even more fun! Thanks for sharing... we will give this a go :)

Jess B said...

You're just full of fabulous ideas, you are!

Miriam said...

it is fun I found it in a really old fashioned book of my MILs

Miriam said...

Not original but very fun!

Jodi Wiley said...

This looks like so much fun!

Amy said...

What a fab idea! I haven't seen it before but I think we will be doing that here over the weekend! The kids will love it.

Miriam said...

they so will! Even the bog people I think :o)

Miriam said...

it really is

Simoney said...

THAT is brilliant!
Low brow fun, nah, pure genius!
I'm gonna try this.
thanks Miriam... love that you're intentionally creating these moments. Me too.
The years just fly by too fast.
xx